Friday, March 13, 2009

Sizzler~~

Heya dear readers! I'm finally back after 2 weeks or so on my Reservist In Camp Training...

Don't ask me about camp food or even worse, Combat Rations, because.... the latter is just plain inedible. I will also decline to do a feature on it for obvious reasons...

Well, first thing out of camp is to treat myself to some good food, so went to Sizzlers' at Suntec City.

They are currently running a promotion for Free Salad Bar with every order of a main dish. The Salad Bar stocks a whole range of salad items consisting of the fresh veggies, chickpeas, ham, salami, and many others. There is also a wide range (I counted 8 types) of salad dressing - Thousand Island, Vinaigrette and Blue Cheese included. 3 type of soup provided too - Mushroom Soup, Clam Chowder and something else which I can't seem to recall now, but quite sure it is some clear soup.

Feeling a little more health conscious that usual, I passed on the sirloins and tenderloins and opted for the much healthier Dory Fish Fillet. They offer this dish in 2 different styles - Grilled or Batter Fried Tempura Style.

I though the Tempura style sounded quite interesting so I ordered it. It came with chilli and tartar sauce, and sided with spicy fries.

The Dory Fish Fillet didn't disappoint, and tasted very fresh and smooth. The tempura style batter was really done like it would be in Japanese cuisine - light and non-oily.

Overall, I'd give Sizzlers' 2 thumbs up for good and friendly service, good food and a good dining experience.

I spent about $32 per person.

2 comments:

Babebilicious-Lee said...

I think you must have been really famished, therefore the 4 star ratings of Sizzler. I never had a good impression of them, perhaps since way back. I didn't think they were that great in steaks nor were the salad bar appetizing.

Hence, I'd rather opt for this Brazilian restaurant at Chijmes or the one at Sixth Avenue where they serve a variety of succulent, grilled meats and fish while the salad bar offers a wide assortment of salad condiments and vegetables (I'm not talking about just lettuce). The salad bar is good enough for a meal. A little more pricey, but the ambiance and food totally makes up for it. *winks

Jeremy said...

Hey you were right! I WAS quite famished at that point in time... but I would say that I noticed that Sizzler has somewhat lost its appeal after so long. But the food was still tasting good.

Probably I wasn't in a mood for steak that day so I didn't try the steak but their fish was just nice. =)