Monday, September 1, 2008

The Magic of Chongqing Hot Pot

On 12 August 2008, my colleagues and I went to Chong Qing Hotpot for lunch. The soup base is really nice. But its a real shame that we did not get to try the spicy soup base. Oh well, Josephine, we shall go and try it another time! :D




The HUGE bucket of dried red chillies which amused me no end.









The four types of sauces provided. Sweet sauce, sesame oil, peanut paste and a mixture of chillies and some other herbs which I'm not sure about.



Eight Treasure Tea. Which have a really interesting way of being refilled.



A kettle with a LONG sprout!



The hotpot! There's too little seafood in my opinion. And, the sauce, none of them are spicy! Think would be much nicer if half of the soup base is spicy based.



Fried dumplings! My favourite! :P



The dessert.



Eight Treasure Dessert. Sweet and yummy. Nice!


Can't wait for my second trip there to try the spicy soup base! Hehe.

0 comments: