Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sapporo Bishamon Ramen @ GWC

Had lunch at Great World City's Sapporo Ramen Bishamon with a colleague today, and was quite surprised at being able to get a table immediately. Which may translate into alot of negative things which I will decline to mention here.

But to be fair, service staff were prompt and courteous enough to greet us on our way in.

Here are a few pics to (hopefully) whet your appetite:


My observations about this place are best described in this picture, a blurry cup of green tea.


My colleague ordered a bowl of Shio Ramen... at least this looked appetising. $11


My Spicy Beef Ramen set, comes complete with seafood tempura, 3 slices of Salmon Sashimi and some fruits. $15.90. This was Tuesday's set meal of the day (yes, they have one for each day of the week).


Close-up of the Spicy Beef Ramen. Not very spicy, not too many slices of beef (I counted only 3.5 slices) that tasted overcooked and ramen looked suspiciously like instant noodles.


The seafood tempura, which I suspect only consists of prawn meat.

The only saving grace of the day was the fresh salmon sashimi. Then again, their wasabi was below standard and not the usual nose-clearing, strong stuff that I'm used to. Good for beginners, though. =)

While being a ridiculously affordable place for Jap food, quality of the food left much to be desired.

I spent $16 per person.

0 comments: